Jacksonville Property Management Jacksonville Homes for Rent Collins PM Tenants

Tenant FAQs

Answers to your common questions

Can I clean carpets myself when I move out?
No. You must hire a professional carpet cleaning service, or have our carpet cleaners do the work. You will be required to submit a receipt.

Can I install a Satellite Dish?
It depends. Tenants are required to contact their assigned Property Manager to get approval. All HOA or Condo Association rules must also be followed.

Can you hold a place before I apply?
Unfortunately we are unable to hold properties. You must pay the full deposit in secure funds, in order to secure the home.

Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?
The security deposit, equal to a full month’s rent, is required to secure the property, once an application is approved. If the application is conditionally approved, a higher deposit may be required. The first full month’s rent is required, plus a $125 rekey charge is paid in secure funds prior to move-in. We do not require payment of last month’s rent at this time.

How do I pay rent?
Rent is paid online through our tenant portal on this website. Simply select “pay rent”.

How do I report maintenance needs?
Before seeking maintenance help, check out our “Do It Yourself Maintenance Problem Solving”

Youtube videos in the “Tenant Resources” section of the website. If unable to solve the problem, here are your options:

1. Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM-simply go to our website: CollinsPropertyManagers.com
2. Select Tenant Resources
3. Select Submit Maintenance
4. When filling out the online service request form, be sure to be specific about the problem and remember to include your name, address and the best number to reach you.
6. After 5:00 PM on weekdays, and on weekends and National Holidays, simply call 904-830-4158. Night Tenders is a service that answers the phones for us after hours to provide help for any maintenance issues that crop up after hours. If you have an urgent maintenance issue, please call us at 904-830-4158   and your call will be forwarded to Night Tenders
7. The assigned contractor will call you to set up an appointment. You are responsible for meeting the contractor at the appointed time. If you fail to keep an appointment, you will be charged the trip fee charged by the contractor.

Additional useful information regarding Maintenance and Repairs:

How old do you have to be to apply?
You must be at least 18 years old to apply.

I am an excellent tenant and take good care of the home. Can my late fees be waived?
Regrettably, no. 

I want to get a pet. What do I do?
Contact us at 904-807-8331 and we will provide you with information regarding the pet policy. The fee for an accepted breed of dog, or a cat is $300 per pet. There is never a fee for a documented service animal.

I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?
Contact your assigned Collins Property Managers Property Manager to receive instructions.

Is the deposit refundable?
The deposit is fully refundable if you have met all conditions of the lease, and is paid to you within 30 days of move-out.

My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?
Your lease requires you to contact your Property Manager at least 60 days before the lease expiration date. We will then provide you with detailed move-out instructions.

What is considered an emergency?
An emergency would include any serious problem that requires repair as soon as possible so that there is no unsafe condition, and repair is necessary to prevent serious damage to the property or residents. A structural repair item such as no heat, fire, leaky roof, broken water main of sewage issue are examples. A broken Air Conditioner is considered an emergency if the outside temp is projected to reach over 90 degrees, or there is an infant or elderly resident.

Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?
Most repairs are paid for by the Landlord, and all repairs are completed by Collins Property Managers contractors, or contractors authorized by the owner. Tenants are required to pay for any damage they cause to the property, including damage caused by any guests. Your lease provides a more accurate description of your responsibilities.

Who needs a cosigner?
A co-signer is needed in unique circumstances, and for all College Students.

Will I be charged for maintenance?
Tenants are financially responsible for damage they caused as well as damage caused by any guest. Tenants are not responsible for normal wear and tear, as defined in our Tenant Handbook, which is given to all tenants at Move-in.

You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?
Simply go to our Rentals in this website, and find the property you want. There is an “Apply Here” box. Simply select that, complete the application, and pay for it within the website.

Contact Us

Collins Property Managers
4701 U.S. 17 Suite 107
Orange Park, FL 32003

(904) 807.8331(P)
(904) 639.6090(F)

Collins Property Managers
1301 Riverplace BLVD
Suite 800
Jacksonville FL 32207

Phone: 904-515-6670
fax: 904-639-6090

Copyright ©

Collins Property Managers. All Rights Reserved.
Property Management Website powered by PMW | Sitemap

Collins Property Managers is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level A conformance. Any issues should be reported to Mike@callthecollins.net. Website Accessibility Policy